Sunday, April 25, 2010

new direction

These past 2 weeks have been emotional...to say the least. I have had to say goodbye to my husband who left go to work, bury Aaron's grandad who died suddenly, say goodbye to Aaron AGAIN after the funeral, start packing our house and dealing with tying up of loose ends of our life here in Montgomery. As the school year is ending and I am coming closer to the realization that yes, we are moving over 500 miles away, my emotions are unpredictable. Really these past 2 years have been emotional and draining. As every newlywed couple has experienced its hard to balance, work, finances, and marriage. We have dealt with infertility, uncertainties about buying a house, changing jobs, and so forth.

This past weekend was amazing. I was able to see my beautiful niece, Alexia, dance in her first spring show, watch my nephew play in a soccer game and score 2 goals, and lastly, find out that my youngest niece Maddy will begin playing violin next year as she enters junior high. While I am grateful for the time I have been able to spend with them, I am also saddened that I will not be able to continue watching them grow up as closely as I have been up to this point. I love them to death and its hard to realize that I won't be able to drive an hour to watch Jordan play or see Maddy have her first orchestra recital. I know that God has a plan for us. He has revealed himself to us in so many ways and opened doors for us that we didn't know existed, but at the same time it is hard to leave everything behind that we have become accustomed to.

On the other hand this move will give us the opportunity to spend time with Aaron's family and our other niece and nephew. They are so little and it will be great to be a part of their lives as they grow. Since Aaron was laid off back in January we have really been praying for God to show us his love and able us to hear his voice in this hard time. In times of such turmoil it is hard to hear Gods voice, but He is faithful and true. God has shown us without a doubt that we are making the right choice in moving to Clarendon. Everything in the past 2 years that we have struggled with came to light. 1.We never bought a house 2. Before Aaron was laid off we decided to hold off on fertility treatments 3. The week Aaron was scheduled to begin his new job in Clarendon, his grandad took a turn for the worse and he was able to see him before he passed 4. Aaron has had a few job offers and teaching positions began to randomly open up in Clarendon when before nothing was available for us here in Montgomery, etc...I wish I could list all the ways He has spoken to us, but these are just a few. How awesome is our God!

I know this blog is all over the place, but I guess its just another way for me to process what our lives are like. I miss my husband dearly, but I am thankful that he is so faithful and dedicated to providing for us. I can't wait to be with him again and start our lives in Clarendon. I will miss this place and the people here, but I know we are headed in the right direction. God is good.

Proverbs 23:18
1 Peter 5:10-11

Love, Amy

2 comments:

Tabaitha said...

Hope the move goes well.

Kathleen said...

Hey Amy! A big change like what y'all are going through is always so hard and stressful. It sounds like you have a great attitude and although it's tough sometimes, trusting God is always the right thing to do.

David and I are also struggling with infertility and are attempting to start treatment (although it's a long process and there are a lot of preliminary things to get done). We had a miscarriage this year that made things worse. If you ever need someone to talk to or vent to, I'm here for you! It really helps me to chat with people who understand what I'm going through.

By the way, where is Clarendon? Thinking about you and praying. :)