Saturday, September 5, 2009

money, money

Recently I've noticed a bit of a craze for clipping coupons. I did this some in college and to be honest, I didn't really notice a difference. I mean I would save $1 here and there, but overall I just didn't think it was worth it. Until now... Aaron and I both work full time, but our jobs are not the highest paying, at least in monetary value. We love our jobs, and wouldn't trade them for anything, but it does make our budget tight. So I've started actually shopping around and using coupons whenever I can and I honestly have noticed a small difference this time around. I read it takes time to really build up savings and find good deals, but from what I have done so far I am excited! Its somewhat time consuming, but there are lots of great deals out there, you just have to search.

We have some medical bills we are trying to pay off and some credit card debt, but I see us making progress and its encouraging. We took Dave Ramsey's financial peace course when we were engaged and even though I don't remember every detail it has helped tremendously. I can definitely be doing a a way better job than I am now with our money, but we are finally getting on the right path and looking forward. It will nice to be completely free of medical debt and be able to concentrate on our credit cards. (They really shouldn't let college students get credit cards!)

So its tough when your a minister and private school teacher, but we are getting there step by step!

Good luck!
Amy

3 comments:

Tabaitha said...

I like this post!

Kathleen said...

We're in the same situation, although I haven't yet tackled clipping coupons! It seems so overwhelming...

Bessie said...

Hi Amy,
I started clipping coupons about 40 years ago and still do, only now I give most of the coupons to the kids. I have saved as much as 80%on my grocery bill (not every time) and one time they owed me money!
Check with Dee, she is on some list or something for coupon users... Not sure what it is exactly. And give Matt and Mandy a call about how to get out of debt. They just became debt-free! They took someone's course through their church and it worked for them.
Good luck to you both. Debt free is the place to be. Happy New Year!

We love you.
Miss Bessie